What’s your motivation for creating your product?
What are your product features?
When did you launch?
Where did you launch?
Any specific launch tips? Or things you would do differently?
Ghostboard by David Burgos (@daburix) from Spain
When I moved my blog from WordPress to Ghost I missed some stats I think are important when blogging, so I started to build something for myself and then I turn it into a product for everyone else.
– Instant setup: just paste a line in your Ghost admin and it’s done
– GDPR compliant and cookie-free, out-the-box
– Don’t need Google Analytics or whatever, it just work and you get all their analytics like Live or Content reports.
– Also exclusive blog-focused analytics for Posts, Pages, Tags, post per month, best time to post, much more and more incoming!
– 110 upvotes on Product Hunt
– Frontpage on Hacker News on 10th August, at 11:16 AM ES Position #16
– Almost 6K visits
– 20 signups
– 8 blogs setup it
– Then 3 customers, $15 MRR
It’s funny because some days ago I launched the 2.0 version and get shitty metrics 🤯🤷♂️
– The more you launch, the better your launch is
– Don’t worry about metrics in general platforms, unless your target audience is there.
– Neither don’t worry if don’t get noise in the press and social media. At all. I also got some likes and mentions but no signups. In the end, I prefer silence and signups.
– Only worry about what your customers say and especially, what they do (pay, cancel, retention, come back, etc.)
Tuemilio by Domingo Mancera (@manceraio) from Barcelona.
“Users can contact me on twitter with the keyword “MakerLaunches” and I’ll extend their free trial period for 2 months” – Domingo 😀
I built Tuemilio as a result of a failed side-project and in turn, decided to “productize” it as users become interested.
Email lead form with a referral engine.
22 October 2018.
#3 Product of the Day
129 registered users
106 forms created
1.9k emails collected
2 paying customers & 1 churn
Use gifts and animations. Belong to a community and contribute to it.
roastMe by J.P. Aulet (@jp_aulet) from Barcelona
I constantly need feedback for my ideas, MVPs & projects. I found a lot of other people looking for feedback in HackerNews, Twitter, IndieHackers, etc but not in one a specific platform.
I wanted to help makers, solo-entrepreneurs, designers, etc. to receive feedback & opinions and expert reviews in areas they don’t dominate like SEO, security, marketing or web development.
This week (23th Oct).
180 upvotes on PH
+54 registered users
+6 experts submitted
+11 products submitted
+2 paying users (19.98$ profit)
800 unique users
I made some mistakes and tried to solve them in production while launching. Some users complained about the site not working (maybe due the traffic or my deployment).
Try to avoid this and check the server performance.
Also prepare some swag for launch day (images, logo, etc.), be receptive and don’t stress too much 😉